Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Grow Journal: Gage Green Genetics... BRIGHT MOMENTS

A successful hatch

The germination of the three seeds went well, they all broke soil on the 29th and were standing straight up by the 30th. I will call May 30th day one of the veg cycle. I promised a picture this weekend, and here it is. I will try to keep the journal updated once a week, so I would think around 16 or 17 updates from now it will be harvest time.

The Baby Brights:

Bright Moments 001.jpg

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoneage For This Useful Post:

restlesslegs (06-03-2012),roofratMI (06-03-2012)

nice start stoneage!

Weekly Update

The seedlings are doing well, but they got a little nute burn due to my lack of patience. I am feeding them the full general organics line, now they will get plain water for the next couple of waterings. They are currently under a 400W Metal Halide at about 24 inches above.
    Here is a picture taken about a half hour ago.

Bright Moments 002.jpg

Those are looking really nice. I can't see the nute burn. Doing the online journal seems fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage View Post
    The seedlings are doing well, but they got a little nute burn due to my lack of patience. I am feeding them the full general organics line, now they will get plain water for the next couple of waterings. They are currently under a 400W Metal Halide at about 24 inches above.
    Here is a picture taken about a half hour ago.

Bright Moments 002.jpg
    Great work Stoneage! Thanks for your journal, real nice start. This is awesome for someone to emulate going the organic route. This would be the healthiest way to grow meds hands down.

Using the general Organics line in my opinion is a good way to get into organic growing. After you get the hang of using the pre-formulated nutrients, then you can start brewing your own teas, making your own compost, and of course maintaining the worm herd, and the micro herd. Some people spend 30 or 40 hours a week just making and maintaining their nutrients for organic growing. It's important to have a good compost pile and let it compost for a year or so. Once you get that going well, along with the worms you can have a nice, natural and safe nutrient supply. And if you happen to raise chickens or the like, you can realy get some good nitrogen teas going. I may get into a little bit of tea brewing as the plants mature some, but my compost pile is young so store bought nutes will have to do for now.

Lordy the difference between using compost or without is huge! MM even taste cleaner and you cut down dramatically on nutes. It is true black gold

Journal Update June 17th 2012

The plants are doing well, and they are back on the nutes after a couple doses of plain water. I don't think the slight nutrient overdose has done any harm to the plants.
    I have labeled the individual plants A, B and C. Here are individual photo's of each.

Plant A is about half the height of the other two, could be a different pheno or maybe it's a female and the other two are males. Time will tell.

A:
    Bright Moments A.jpg
    B:
    Bright Moments B.jpg
    C:
    Bright Moments C.jpg

They are looking beautiful, really healthy~