Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Need grow help?? come on in. Capt kruzty has been there done that so ask away..

Yah, I tell the folks in my grow classes that co2 wont benifit the grow unless all other variables are optimized and the grow environment is prepared for co2.

I teach to Cervante's MMJ Grow Bible, and refer to the Barrel of Contraints when students want to get started with co2, elaborate lighting schemes, or any other wonderfully fantasticly creative ways to turbo charge their grow.

Whenever new growers ask me which lights should they get, or which nute line to use, I always respond, "First, how are you controlling your Temp and Humidity?"

134-9a1945c6d5.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank R For This Useful Post:

hardgreenone (05-25-2012),roofratMI (05-24-2012)

Yeah unless you can dial the room in any way ya want it, co2 is ,OUT.With our limits co2 is just not needed. Simple is the key as simple is easy to control. My grows are very simple but I can dial them in anywhere I want. temp/rh, ph,ppms, ect, ect.. No hoods, no venting, just bare assed vert bulbs and the gear to keep the room where it needs to be. Oh, trust me I've bought all the high dollar hoods, fans, venting ect,,,ect... But a huge a/c and big r/h unit cures all the silliness. Tons of lumes and set the dials,done....
    KRUZTY

Exec Dir
    Berrien County Compassion Club
    http://berriencocompassionclub.ning.com/

HELP!! i am waging war on gnats, any safe solutions to this pest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Pete View Post
    For soil gnats it is most important to let the grow medium dry out before the next water or nute application. They are unable to survive without the damp medium around the roots. They will invade the plant in the top and through the drain holes in the bottom. The bottom holes is where the young adolescents hang and feed along with their larvae. The larger adults come mostly out of the top of the medium and these large adults do not feed any longer, they are breeders. Check any catch pan tray etc.. for any moisture as the larvae will be there also between the bucket and the catch pan. Let the bucket/container completely dry before you water again. Some say diatomaceous earth on the top of the medium will cut their soft bodies and they will bleed out, I like this hehehe. Easy to solve just let the medium dry completely before any more water or nute application. Let us know how you make out. Welcome aboard by the way

Forgot to tell about this product called Gnatrol it is a larvacide,. The same active ingredient is also found in mosquito dunks, Bacillus thuringiensis-i. You apply with your normal watering/feed cycle and after a few applications, all of the larvae should be gone as should the adults, which live for only a few days as they are just for breeding purposes at that point in their short life span.
    Last edited by roofratMI; 05-26-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: to add content

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Pete View Post
    Azatrol or Azamax + the yellow sticky traps will work. Let the soil dry out as dry as it can get without harming the plants, then use an Azamax drench. Using the mosquito dunks in addition to this would probably work even better. I use soil that contains shrimp shell compost, since I started using it, no more gnats. There is something about the shrimp shells that keeps them dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    Yes 250 hps. I'm goin to pick up a mh for the next grow
    I suggest getting a 400W switchable ballast, growing with anything under 400 watts is a waste. You get 3x the lumens for only 150 watts extra. T5 flouro's work very well for vegging, especially if you are trying to keep the heat & electric bill down. Metal Halides or Ceramic Halides are the best for vegging in my opinion, but I use T5's also to keep the bill down.

I'm stuck running a t-5 now and they flat suck. growth is super slow with those but I normally veg under a couple 1000 watters. The t's are not that cool running and I'm pulling mine tomorrow to switch it for a 400 watt mh. I'm stuck vegging in a silly clothest which has been flat killing my grow. With a 10 day rotation ya need them to jump out of the pots in veg and the only thing that will do that is 1000 watters. I lost my house and grow lab due to my wifes stroke and pending divorce so went from pulling 9lbs a month to like 2 lbs a month. Not a easy thing to deal with thats for sure,lol.......
    600 watter do good for vegging too so a pair of those will do ya well for veg. I'll be back under my 1000 watters here shortly so will be back to my normal self soon. Don't have the patient count now s it's in half from before so 3 lbs a month is all my patients will need now.
    KRUZTY

Exec Dir

I'm stuck running a t-5 now and they flat suck. growth is super slow with those but I normally veg under a couple 1000 watters. The t's are not that cool running and I'm pulling mine tomorrow to switch it for a 400 watt mh. I'm stuck vegging in a silly clothest which has been flat killing my grow. With a 10 day rotation ya need them to jump out of the pots in veg and the only thing that will do that is 1000 watters. I lost my house and grow lab due to my wifes stroke and pending divorce so went from pulling 9lbs a month to like 2 lbs a month. Not a easy thing to deal with thats for sure,lol.......
    600 watter do good for vegging too so a pair of those will do ya well for veg. I'll be back under my 1000 watters here shortly so will be back to my normal self soon. Don't have the patient count now as it's in half from before so 3 lbs a month is all my patients will need now.
    KRUZTY

Exec Dir

I'm good with a 250 just going to get a mh bulb for next grow I don't need a lot of bud this is just to get me by