Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Longest most slowest way to dry/cure

I always use a canning jar with a rubber seal in the lids so I know it's airtight. Michigan summers can be very humid. Especially for me as I live in a wetland.
    I always do the air exchange although not as frequently with the cured bud just to insure I don't have mold issues. If it's ever moldy I toss it. I don't want to take any chances.
    If you need, let me know. You are fairly close and you can be accommodated.

Cg
    King of the Caprines, Boss of the Bovids.

any large buds need to be broken down node by node if they have the mold tendency. Once cured they will not mold. They mold as they cure or grow. I have seen bud rot on the inside of massive buds so I recommend breaking the large ones down for long term storage. Follow Cg's advise. Curing means everything!

Properly cured meds will never mold in a sealed jar. Get a Caliber III hygrometer and put it in your jar, keep exchanging the air in the jar daily until the hygrometer never gets above 60%. At this point, the meds can be stored for months without opening the jar. Just be careful to check the hygrometer because it can take over a week to change readings if the center of the buds still contain elevated levels of moisture.

Thanks for the help, all. I bought a UV Black Light, that should show any mold in the meds I already have.
    It was sure painful throwing out big buds, but better to be safe than sorry.

It took 3 flushes.....

Some mold does not show under UV light, just sayin' : ) 60x microscope works well.