Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Longest most slowest way to dry/cure

There have been cases in Michigan where the judge has simply told the prosecutor to dry the marijuana before presenting his case. So there is no help from the useable / unusable med clause. If you have more than is allowed, and they want to prosecute you, they will. Get rid of all extra leaves asap, they can't use the stems against you, but everything else goes. You will never win a case because you or your lawyer says the meds are not useable because they are not dry. They will just dry them and present the case to the judge. It has happened in Michigan, and if you have more hanging than will dry to 2.5 oz you are over. I know no one wants to hear this, but there is no defense in undried meds. Ask a lawyer and that is what they will tell you.

this is what i mean they should state this clearly in the bills yet they dont, different people determin things differently, this is the loop holes im talking about the way i see it is." its its not 100% clear , then it needs to be fixed"

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
    Would love to see what is in the works, it would allow us some time for reasonable input on them.
    The only way I can think of is to freeze the buds without any drying at all. In theory, the buds are not usable in a frozen state. And once thawed out would still require drying or risk mold destruction of the bud thus making them unusable period.
    All for brainstorming for better legal protection... but.. a side-note:

Freddy I thought I'd mention the hazards of freezing your herb still wet. A high moisture content will definately lead to unfavorable results. As the h2o freezes (expands) cell walls rupture, tric's degrade, not cool. 
    Just trying to better protect everyones stash.  abeam

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abeam-pm For This Useful Post:

restlesslegs (05-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    this is what i mean they should state this clearly in the bills yet they dont, different people determin things differently, this is the loop holes im talking about the way i see it is." its its not 100% clear , then it needs to be fixed"
    You have a vary valid point there Vapor, without some form of professional opinion of what is " usable " med's or at what point are med's usable leaves at the mercy of the powers that be. How do we make a consistent uninterrupted supply compatible with the usable amount language?
    I wounder if there is a mathematical formula for calculating the amount of moisture in a bud percentage wise. i.e. a bud weighs 1 oz what percentage of that weight is moisture?
    Maybe create language specifying what would be considered as usable med's. Or change the usable med's language to include a definition of what is considered as usable med's at the time of confiscation by leo.

Personally I would have my atty delay if the med's were taking in a wet stage and hope they got moldy, and insisted that they be tested for mold.
    If found that they were moldy they are not usable for nothing but compost. Second thought as a method of possible defense would be to elicit a verbal statement from leo or the prosecutor concerning the state the med's that were confiscated at the time of arrest/raid etc. Then I would through my atty I would ask if the officer was instructed to dry out the meds... keep in mind this would possible work if the amt was a shade over 2.5 oz.
    ( This is to be done in front of a jury!! I would not attempt to use this strategy with the judge due to his instructions to dry out the med's )

Therefore the case should be dismissed.
    Every law that impedes the rights and the freedoms of the people is another step toward dictatorship.

It is possible like a humidor. The only thing to watch for is mold. I would not bank on this defensive argument though. Judge its not friable! lol

Quote Originally Posted by roofratMI View Post
    It is possible like a humidor. The only thing to watch for is mold. I would not bank on this defensive argument though. Judge its not friable! lol
    I would only use a humidor to keep my med's from drying out entirely. Would not use it for long term storage.
    Freezing is the best long term method I can think of.
    Every law that impedes the rights and the freedoms of the people is another step toward dictatorship.

This is not a gray area I would want to bet my freedom on, plus a cure that takes to long or slow would allow for the growth of mold and other issues so its not a good plan in my book.

Regards, Ez

Yah, its 50 shades of gray, alright.

It seems so much of this is about intent.
    Section 8-2 of the MMMA talks of intent to have a usable amount of marijuana to maintain a continous supply of medicine.

So, in the spirit of "intent" I would say keep your dry/curing meds in a state that is not intended for use.
    Is it enough to keep the buds on the stick, put those sticks in paper bags, put those paper bags in turkey basting bags, and then putting all of that into a air tight 30 gallon plastic pet food container?

I don't know, but it definitely shows the intent is that the meds are not ready for usage.

As always, consult AG Schuette before doing anything with MMJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    I was just thinking a bit.... for those that have big yields during harvest... once the meds are drying .....I was thinking of finding a way to (pro-long) the drying stage... why may you ask? well to my knowledge when meds are in the Drying stages...i do not think (correct me if im wrong) it is considered (usable meds) so If in fact A John doe happens to get busted he /she should not be charged with being over the limit... I wonder if there is a way to Slow the entire dry process down? like snail slow... any ideas? think about it...if there is a way you could possibly have a numerous Large yields but they would be drying very slowly maybe a 3 months drying process? or something like that this way if you are a CG you will always have enough meds on hand. if needed.

i wonder if its possible?
    If you ever watch the videos from Greenhouseseed company thats is what they suggest when growing their marijuana. Cure time is 3 to 5 months.
    I am getting ready to grow their Kalashnikova and their Super Bud, cure time is 3 to 5 months at 8 to 10 degrees Celsius in paperbags.
    Kalashnikova (Feminised) by Green House Seed Company Amsterdam Then go to their Grow Sessions Video.
    Last edited by ScottB; 05-24-2012 at 08:34 AM.

I favor the intent argument. To create continuous supply of finished medicine, at any one point in time, a patient would necessarily have cannabis in several different states of production, many of these unusable states.

As with any law though, you are at the mercy of the judge. A reasonable, truthful explanation of the process should be considered but it may not be