Thread: Can RSO be incorporated into edibles?

Question Can RSO be incorporated into edibles?

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forum. I am currently taking RSO for breast cancer, the only problem is RSO makes me so dizzy and sometimes even violently ill. I believe I'm very sensitive to THC and can't seem to build up my tolerance for it nor can I stand the taste or smell of RSO anymore.

I have 2 questions:

1. Can RSO be blended into recipes for edibles like gummy candies? Has anyone tried this or have recipe?
    2. Is there something that I can take which will help me tolerate RSO better?

I find that if I take RSO during the evening, it will take me quite a while to get to sleep which is weird because it's made with Indica strains. Then when I finally doze off, I'll be awaken with dizziness and have a hard time getting back to sleep.

Am I one of the few who can't stand the effects of THC? I keep thinking to myself, if I can't tolerate the oil, how would I ever be able to tolerate chemo if needed? The first time I took RSO, I literally spent the night in the bathroom over the toilet as I became violently ill puking my guts out.

I'm hoping someone may have some suggestions on how to get my body to tolerate RSO. I'm also looking into higher CBD strains as I've heard high CBD has been highly successful in killing breast cancer cells. I hear that higher CBD oils shouldn't have the same nasty effects as the higher THC oils.

I'd love to hear feedback! Thank you!

it's been difficult to obtain cbd strains but they are starting to circulate now in michigan. How long have you tried RSO? only start with the size of a grain if rice and increase as your tolerance builds. do you know for sure there is no longer any alchohol present still. just a possibility if you have nausea too. for overnight, baked goods w mj butter help ppl get deep sleep.

thc can act as a stimulant (and depressant) with indicas and sativas. I'm not an expert at RSO but I'd thought I'd try to reply.

Hi Abeam,

Thank you for your reply!

I'm actually on the west coast and get my oil through a collective in CA that has been making the oil for a really long time. My sister does not have the same reaction as I do so I'm pretty sure it's more my body being extremely sensitive or intolerant to thc. The strains used are Indicas. Apparently the thc makes my heart race and lowers my blood pressure at the same time, so needless to say, it's not a great feeling to have both going on at the same time. I've been taking the oil for almost 3 weeks now and only able to work up to maybe 2 grains at night and 1 grain during the day. The day dose can make me loopy enough where I'm not able to work or drive a car to my dr. appts.

BTW - Can mj butter be made with RSO or is that not recommended?

Sure, you can make butter using rso. Or, you can melt it into coconut oil and then cook with that.

I have also read that a dietary supplement, citicoline 250mg, can help with the dizziness caused by THC. Amazon.com sells it if you can't find it locally.

http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Cogniz...rds=citicoline

Here is a gummy recipe using cannabis. I imagine you can substitute a lesser amount of rso

Ganja Gummy Worms

Ganja gummy worms appeal to all of the mature ages. Wonderful gummy bear texture leads to a ganja gummy addiction.
    Ingredients:
    3 packs of unflavored gelatin
    2 packs sugar-free jello, any flavor of choice
    1 cup boiling water
    2 grams finely chopped marijuana bud
    1 pack kool-aid, any flavor, (optional adds sour flavor)

Instructions:
    Combine all the ingredients, stir until dissolved. Pour into mould, 8" square pan lightly sprayed with oil. Toss into refrigerator until firm. Remove from pan, cut into worm like shapes.
    Last edited by washtenaut; 10-22-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by washtenaut View Post
    Sure, you can make butter using rso. Or, you can melt it into coconut oil and then cook with that.

I have also read that a dietary supplement, citicoline 250mg, can help with the dizziness caused by THC. Amazon.com sells it if you can't find it locally.

Amazon.com: Healthy Origins Cognizin Citicoline Multi Vitamins, 250 Mg, 150 Count: Health & Personal Care

Here is a gummy recipe using cannabis. I imagine you can substitute a lesser amount of rso

Ganja Gummy Worms

Ganja gummy worms appeal to all of the mature ages. Wonderful gummy bear texture leads to a ganja gummy addiction.
    Ingredients:
    3 packs of unflavored gelatin
    2 packs sugar-free jello, any flavor of choice
    1 cup boiling water
    2 grams finely chopped marijuana bud
    1 pack kool-aid, any flavor, (optional adds sour flavor)

Instructions:
    Combine all the ingredients, stir until dissolved. Pour into mould, 8" square pan lightly sprayed with oil. Toss into refrigerator until firm. Remove from pan, cut into worm like shapes.

Wow! Thank you so much for your feedback and recipe Washtenaut! I've tried citicoline but doesn't seem to help much. However, I will definitely try the gummy worms!

Rso can be added easily to anything made with oil or butter.
    Cookies, caramels, hard candies and chocolates are my favorite ways to consume rso.
    Each product will vary in timing and effects slightly. Example; hard candies work the fastest and tend not to make me as tired as the same dose and strain in a chocolate.
    Just warm the oil or butter up and wisk in the rso until uniform in appearance. Then add to recipe as directed.
    Hard candy and caramel are made as normal, when the heating of sugars is done add the rso with the flavorings and wisk until uniform.
    I work with hexagon candy molds, making them in batches of 200 adding 2 grams rso, this makes pretty uniform candies with 10 mgs rso in each piece.
    With caramels, chocolates and cookies the important thing is to keep them all the same size, then dosage is total rso divided by total number made.

RSO is great in medibles. I use it all the time. Caps make it easy too.
    Gandhi
    Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the state has become lawless or corrupt. And a citizen who barters with such a state shares in its corruption and lawlessness...

Visit http://realcbd.org