Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extracts and Solvents

Gosh, I had hoped that I would be bathing in naphtha RSO by now. Where is all that nasty no good naphtha extract? I volunteered to dispose of it, told everyone that I had dug a big hole in the ground, but no one called me.

LOL Don't mean to be a buzz kill here but I really hope everyone stops using Naphtha. We just do not know the long term effects and it was never meant to be consumed in any fashion.

Have you tried the freezer method Wash? It keeps the chlorophyll out. You don't pull as much oil as you do with Naphtha, they did a test in Italy and Naphtha pulls more then any solvent but they found a ton of it left in the oil even after purging and deemed it unsafe. You get a beautiful clear oil with the freezer method.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to restlesslegs For This Useful Post:

washtenaut (06-09-2013)

Here was another method I'd not heard of. Sounds pretty elaborate for the newbie but some of you might find it interesting.

DIY CO2 Extraction? | Skunk Pharm Research LLC

Quote Originally Posted by washtenaut View Post
    Here was another method I'd not heard of. Sounds pretty elaborate for the newbie but some of you might find it interesting.

DIY CO2 Extraction? | Skunk Pharm Research LLC
    I'm keeping my eye on that blog for sure. Funny as I was reading it just the other day.

Hexane extraction method. The comments and questions following the article are full of information.

Hexane Honey Oil | Skunk Pharm Research LLC

Hexane scares me as a solvent to the general public. A lot of folks aren't really careful about how they do things. Although this would be idea the thought of the flash point of this in the wrong hands is a bit scary. Shall we say NASA channel is calling.