Thread: caregiver to an epileptic child?

caregiver to an epileptic child?

anyone know what the rules are about this topic? I was aproached by a mother of an epileptic child who found out that I grow high cbd strains through the grapevine and how effective they are for this condition , I want to help ,but do not want to break the law , need feedback

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ruben For This Useful Post:

only one of the child's parent can legally be the minor child's caregiver. unless the parents sign over guardianship of the child to the caregiver. make the childs mother your patient and then she can administer the epileptic child. how much do you trust/know the mother?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roofratMI For This Useful Post:

restlesslegs (05-29-2013)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ruben For This Useful Post:

Hope this works out for you all Ruben. The high CBD knocks the seizures to a halt. I had donated high CBD oil to a little 6 year old who had 22 seizures back to back, they were afraid they were going to lose their little girl. Within an hour of taking the oil, no more seizures.

When Pepper applied for lil Pep's I believe he needed 2 doctors signatures due to his age.

Quote Originally Posted by restlesslegs View Post
    Hope this works out for you all Ruben. The high CBD knocks the seizures to a halt. I had donated high CBD oil to a little 6 year old who had 22 seizures back to back, they were afraid they were going to lose their little girl. Within an hour of taking the oil, no more seizures.

When Pepper applied for lil Pep's I believe he needed 2 doctors signatures due to his age.
    Good point restless about 2 Dr. signatures needed for any minor. I agree with the CBD concerning seizures.

That is another flaw with the supreme court decision. What if a parent does not want or need to be a patient? They are forced to lie to become a patient if they do not have a qualifying condition, just so they can acquire meds for the child. Sure they have to be their child's caregiver, but unless they grow their own medicine, anyone who provides them with such is made into an automatic criminal. What if the parents cannot grow? There is no access for a non-patient caregiver parent.
    The supreme court decision was and is incorrect. same goes for a visiting patient who is allowed to use in Michigan, they can't bring meds, nor can they acquire them here without someone breaking the law.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoneage For This Useful Post:

restlesslegs (06-03-2013),roofratMI (05-31-2013)

thanks to all , she does not want to be put in the position that her child may be taken away if the authorities found out, the child is only 4 years old and would be the youngest child in the program in the state of michigan

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ruben For This Useful Post:

restlesslegs (06-03-2013)

Ruben we have a little one we are all fond of and has a special place in our hearts. He is known as lil pepper, he was three years old when he got his card last year. They had to get two doctors recommendations but it is all legal.

Ruben my little one was only three when he got certified and we have had no problems. Even outside of the medical marijuana community the response to our decision has been mostly positive. Good luck.