Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restricted area sign for medical marijuana grow rooms

Quote Originally Posted by roofratMI View Post
    The truth be know, those signs are useless. The signs are in no way part of our law and are not needed. The cops will tear it off the wall/door and walk on them they don't give a shit about no sign. These signs are for your mind not the authorities lol. Its like telling the invading police that you know your rights no more no less.
    I beg to differ with you. My girlfriend and I (both registered patients) were recently visited by three state troopers and two child protective service agents in connection with a bogus complaint filed by my girlfriend's ex regarding their teenage daughter. Due to the presence of the minor child in our house, Section 4(c) jumped right off the page at us when we read the act, so grow room security is something we didn't overlook. We have infrared video surveillance covering the grow room interior and all three entrances to the building. We have GSA locks on the doors to our bedroom and the grow room (you have to go through the bedroom to get to the grow room), with signs similar to the one linked to in this thread on each locked interior door. During this encounter, we were asked to allow the officers access to the grow room to verify compliance with the law. After politely reminding them of my 4th amendment rights, I consented to their request, since I am in compliance and have nothing to hide. As I dialed the combination to unlock the door, one of the officers took the opportunity to read the sign and thanked me for posting it. Contrary to popular opinion, there are police officers who actually do respect and uphold the law.
    Last edited by will; 04-22-2013 at 10:56 PM.

sounds like more elaborate security then most to a degree. once you consented to allow them (the cops) entry without a warrant, IMO i wouldn't pay much detail to to the sincerity any of leos comments. afterall you willingly gave them more than they merited. did they have a warrant? sorry but this gives the wrong idea to patients, caregivers and law enforcement.

that's wonderful that you resloved your domestic situation without getting hassled for your mmj grow. since children and family services were involved, you really may have had no other option...

Medijuana.Inc2010
    NEVER let anyone in your home without a warrant ! NO ONE !!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Medijuana.Inc2010 For This Useful Post:

roofratMI (04-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Medijuana.Inc2010 View Post
    Bang on Medi Never let them enter without a warrant EVER!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to roofratMI For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Medijuana.Inc2010 View Post
    This is tough though.. Especially when you have kids involved. You can politely decline without a warrant, but in the end they will get one if they wish.
    So you have two scenarios.

#1 You let 1 or 2 people into your home (without a warrant, you can say no to the clan of troops and only let a couple in). Walk them through your grow to show
    the legal status of it.. Obviously they will be looking around and sniffing around during your trip to the grow. Keep them entertained and focused. Cops seem to have adult ADHD... They say thanks and shake your hand and leave. You hope that this didn't give them probable cause to get a warrant and come take everything and charge you.

#2 You say no, get a warrant. They get the warrant, come kick your door in because they like to do that.. Then ransack your entire house, take all of your plants and growing equipment, any overages you may have and any cash that you may have. Its all gone.. On top of that, you are sitting on the front porch in handcuffs while your kids are in protective custody in the back of a white car while they watch all of this going on. You possibly lose your kids, your grow and who knows what else.

So either which way you could possibly be screwed. I think "will" made the right choice in this case, having kids in the household changes the game completely. But "will" seems to have it under control with staying in the limits of the law and doing what it says to do.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha

Once you let them in your house they can do a lot more then folks think! Unless you are positive every last thing is in order and then check again Do Not Let them in, make them get a warrant! Been there done that and never ever will I let anyone in my house again unless they have a warrant.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to restlesslegs For This Useful Post:

abeam-pm (04-24-2013),roofratMI (04-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by restlesslegs View Post
    Once you let them in your house they can do a lot more then folks think! Unless you are positive every last thing is in order and then check again Do Not Let them in, make them get a warrant! Been there done that and never ever will I let anyone in my house again unless they have a warrant.
    Do you have kids? Or, have you had young children living with you while growing legally?
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha

Medijuana.Inc2010
    DO NOT LET ANYONE IN YOUR HOME WITHOUT A WARRANT FOR ANY REASON !!

YOU let them in, that gives them a reason to take your kids away !

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medijuana.Inc2010 For This Useful Post:

abeam-pm (04-25-2013),restlesslegs (04-25-2013)