Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting in Lansing Tomorrow Concerning the Supreme Cour Ruling

Meeting in Lansing Tomorrow Concerning the Supreme Cour Ruling

There will be a meeting in Lansing tomorrow at 1 at the Avenue Cafe. Please make plans to attend. We will be laying out the frame work for our defense. The law has been changed dramatically. Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/events/2090...9058329239848/
    Gandhi
    Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the state has become lawless or corrupt. And a citizen who barters with such a state shares in its corruption and lawlessness...

Visit http://realcbd.org

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blueberry For This Useful Post:

CgOrganic (02-11-2013),roofratMI (02-11-2013),Stoneage (02-11-2013),Vapor (02-11-2013)

Medijuana.Inc2010
    Will be there !

I'll be there
    "If the good Lord's willing, I'm gonna keep on chilling" - Kid Rock

5. The Following User Says Thank You to p^w00dy For This Useful Post:

abeam-pm (02-14-2013)

You have to let those of us who can't attend what was discussed Medi and p woody!.

Taking notes sistah!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to p^w00dy For This Useful Post:

restlesslegs (02-12-2013)

Have a great meeting everybody! I wish I could attend.

I was unable to get up to Lansing too. Fill us in please, just because we could not make the meeting we will still fight! We will not stand down.
    So this time Abel is serious about legalization? Last summer it was a joke. The petition distribution was pathetic to say the least. No leadership that I could see. Hope this time they are serious and not waste petitioners time .
    Hate to abandon the patient/caregiver system.

There was a variety of topics and issues discussed and presented. First an explanation of what the supreme court decision means. No transfers involving money are allowed under section 4 except between a patient and their primary caregiver. The receiving patient is always protected however the person who is transferring to the patient is always at risk. This means that patients without caregivers will have a lot of difficulty finding someone to transfer to them shortly. You have to understand that regardless of someone’s compassion going to jail or not paying bills is not a valid option. So in order to preserve this law we must provide some level of protection to the folks taking care of the sick. There are several approaches that can be utilized and all of them should be incorporated into our final solution. Our biggest failure has always been the inability to multitask. We are either working on this or that never concentrating on managing resources on many fronts. The reason for us to shift to a multipronged attack is simple. It is the only thing that will work. There are lots of good efforts going on around the state but organization and financing is generally poor. We can correct this.
    In my opinion these are the things that we can accomplish short term that have the highest probability of success.
    1). Set up a legal defense fund/PAC to insure that everyone who is arrested has effective legal council. If the government is going to be challenged every time it acts then it will be cautious before it acts. In addition use resources to leverage support of lawmakers and law enforcement.
    Committee driven
    Audited
    Governed
    Lobbying
    Political action
    Advertising
    2). Court house activism. There are already several organizations around the state that organize a presence and provide support to defendants. These organizations need to be funded and participation increased.
    3). Legalization fund. It will take resources to insure that we are successful in making cannabis legal. It is estimated that it will cost one million dollars to successfully place legalization on the ballot.
    4). Activism. The planning for a major demonstration is underway. Time and date to be announced.

By this weekend the legal defense fund will be set up. I would urge caution before contributing to anyone you don’t know. In times like these lots of people pop up to raise funds for themselves. We can’t afford for this to happen. I am exhausted. I will post more as able. Please discuss.
    Gandhi
    Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the state has become lawless or corrupt. And a citizen who barters with such a state shares in its corruption and lawlessness...

Visit http://realcbd.org

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blueberry For This Useful Post:

abeam-pm (02-13-2013),CgOrganic (02-13-2013),roofratMI (02-13-2013),Stoneage (02-13-2013)

I was glad I went. It really struck home that we have to stand up for our rights and the rights of all who are finding relief with cannabis. There were several people there that spoke that have been abused by the LEO (prodded, I am sure by that seed of satan, Bill Schuette). Even when one lady was found innocent, she was still facing $3000+ in legal fees!! This BS has got to stop! Joe has some things in the works, and i believe that setting up a legal defense fund is definitely a step in the right direction. I will sign up for it, and do what I can to help keep this community protected.
    Unbelieveable, I have gone my entire life (so far) never being arrested,one traffic ticket 35 years ago, and now I have to worry about putting my family in harms way from law enforcement because i choose to medicate with cannabis, and can't say no to another patient who is suffering! The laws seem to change all of the time P2P, no P2P, P2P but no compensation, you almost need a live feed from the state capitol to check to see whether you are compliant this week or not. Wears me out .

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to p^w00dy For This Useful Post:

abeam-pm (02-14-2013),CgOrganic (02-13-2013),restlesslegs (02-14-2013),roofratMI (02-13-2013)