Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Automatic drip watering system

Medijuana.Inc2010

Automatic drip watering system

Automatic drip watering system

Automatic drip watering system, Ok Just got this today it is a gravity fed drip watering system for up to 20 plants. It has a 6.5 gallon resorvoir, it has an electric solenoid that runs on a 9 volt battery. Has 4 differnet settings to dispense water or nutrients : System waters 2 times a day. The different settings let you disperse small amounts 1.01 oz's to 4.05 oz's of nutrients twice daily. Everything is included hosing, drippers, & stakes. I got this so maybe my wife & I can go on a vacation this year, without worrying about the garden. Will be setting this up in one flower room tomorrow to see if she works,
    if it does, I need to order a couple more. The settings are for 10, 20, 30 or 40 days.

watering system 002a.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Claber-8053-4-...=vglnk-c199-20

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Medijuana.Inc2010 For This Useful Post:

roofratMI (01-23-2013)

iv been using this idea for years.. But i just buy a timer, a small water pump, black hose and just run the hose to the potter. i use a air diverter manifold to hook 12 at a time to this set up. i adjust all the valves on the manifold to make all potters receive the same flow.

I have learned over the years to not use drip emitters or soaker line as they plug up from our nutrients.

A 45 gallon tote will go a long wasy towards a vacation. That and a camera in the room to keep a eye on things while gone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Green For This Useful Post:

roofratMI (01-23-2013)

KMAN made a set up similar to that Mr. Green, works really well. Never thought of a camera in the room. Course with your background can see where you would for sure!

Medijuana.Inc2010
    The dripper is in place & works very well, & if I need more resorvoir I will add one to this system.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medijuana.Inc2010 For This Useful Post:

abeam-pm (01-24-2013),roofratMI (01-23-2013)

Medijuana.Inc2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Green View Post
    iv been using this idea for years.. But i just buy a timer, a small water pump, black hose and just run the hose to the potter. i use a air diverter manifold to hook 12 at a time to this set up. i adjust all the valves on the manifold to make all potters receive the same flow.

I have learned over the years to not use drip emitters or soaker line as they plug up from our nutrients.

A 45 gallon tote will go a long wasy towards a vacation. That and a camera in the room to keep a eye on things while gone.
    what size hose do you use ?

Medijuana.Inc2010
    If I find out the drippers are plugging up I will discontinue the drippers. & I like this set up so much I just ordered 2 more.

I don't want to be a slave no more! Vacation what is that?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to roofratMI For This Useful Post:

abeam-pm (01-24-2013)

Medijuana.Inc2010
    LOL it's happening this year Roof !! I can promise you that ! Jamaica, Cayman Islands, some where in the sun, haven't been to Jamaica or Cayman Islands for 7 years.

Medi I think mine has 1/2" opening.

Oh nice never been anywhere like that myself. Maybe when I grow up I will go somewhere.

Glad this is working for you so well.