Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need complete insructions on makeing rso please.

I need complete insructions on makeing rso please.

Can some one please give me complete instrucions on making RSO please I need to know what temp I use to cook it down to activate it.

Under medical marijuana-general part of the forum, there are instructions. I don't make mine that way, as I feel the temperatures are way too hot. I do not decarb in the oven first, I just heat at around 180 until it is oil, and it is very activated by the time it is done. The higher heat you use, the more Cannabinoids get destroyed along with terpines. I use 99% iso alcohol, or grain alcohol instead of Naptha.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoneage For This Useful Post:

ziggy (01-07-2013)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoneage For This Useful Post:

ziggy (01-07-2013)

Cannalytics says that heating plant material @ 300 for 15 mins. will completely decarb and activate the thc. Lower temps for longer periods of time will also do this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoneage For This Useful Post:

ziggy (01-07-2013)

good luck ziggy. use plenty of ventilation and stay away from pilot lights.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abeam-pm For This Useful Post:

roofratMI (01-07-2013),ziggy (01-07-2013)

Medijuana.Inc2010
    Phytocannabinoids, their boiling points, and properties

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
    Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
    Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
    Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
    Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

cannabigerol (CBG)
    Boiling point: MP52
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC)
    Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
    Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

-myrcene
    Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

-caryophyllene
    Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene
    Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool
    Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone
    Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)
    Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

a-pinene
    Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

a-terpineol
    Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol
    Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene
    Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin
    Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin
    Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A
    Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

-sitosterol
    Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-a-reductase, inhibitor

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Medijuana.Inc2010 For This Useful Post:

roofratMI (01-07-2013)

Medijuana.Inc2010
    Since Marvin is sick here is her recipe :

When you make RSO with Naphtha it is the same process as making ISO. This is without recovering the naphtha and just burning the solvent off in the rice cooker.

You will need:
    Materials
    *at least 2 ounces of product if using bud, if leaf you'll need at least 4 ounces, the more product you have the more consistent your end product for dosing. Use as much as you can possibly save up or spare
    *I buy Naphtha by the gallon at Menards, it takes about 1/2 to 3/4 gallon to do 2 to 3 ounces.
    *sprinkle of water

Equipment, utensils, etc.
    *Rice cooker
    *large fan
    *small fan
    *2 buckets or extra large stainless bowls
    *Funnel or strainer
    *paper towels to line the funnel or strainer
    *stainless steel spoon
    *stainless steel potato masher
    *thermometer if your rice cooker isn't equipped with one
    *small stainless or glass bowl or pan (square or rectangular is best, it is harder to get the oil out of the round ones)
    *razor blade
    *syringes or container to store the oil in
    *alcohol for clean up

I do not use anything wooden like Rick Simpson shows. With stainless you have less trichomes that stick to your utensils but that is just my preference. You can use wooden sticks to mash it with and to stir it with. I also feel like it is more sanitary to use the potato masher over a wooden stick but I don't make it in large quantities and I can see the necessity for having a large stick for mashing!

I make RSO for ingesting so I decarb the bud first.
    *Oven pre-heated to 240* for 40 minutes ( I used to decarb at 300* for 20 minutes because it converts the most THC the quickest but then I found out I might be burning off other good cannabinoids)

*Place your product on a cookie sheet or foil lined oven shelf. Heat your pan and/or foil Before you place your product on it. bake for 40 minutes

I only use up to about 3 to 5 ounces of bud when I make mine and once decarbed it crumbles into nothingness so I don't use much Naphtha. That is one good thing about using bud over leaf, you use a heck of a lot less solvent.

If you are making the RSO to smoke you can skip the above step since you decarb it when you hit it with fire or with a vap.

Using the Naphtha
    *Set up your final work space first with a large fan to blow off the solvent and a small fan over the rice cooker to help diffuse the vapors

*Place the bud into a bowl or bucket

*pour enough Naphtha over the bud to just cover it.

*use the potato masher or utensil of choice to crush and mash the bud

*add enough Naphtha to completely cover the bud and about an inch above the top of the product

*set a timer for 3 minutes and mash the bud in the Naphtha for the 3 minutes

*set up your second bowl with a funnel or strainer and place paper towel(s) in it enough to completely cover all areas but don't over lap too much or it will make draining slower then strain

*place the bud back into the first bowl and repeat the process

*make sure your solvent and oil is very clean, if needed strain again, you want your end product as clean as possible, throw away the mj, you'll see hash in the paper towel it doesn't have much of anything left in it in case your curious there isnlt much high left in there. You can make a hockey puck out of it or use it loose and mix in your finished product and smoke it.

*place the solvent and oil in the rice cooker

*with my rice cooker it has a auto turn to warm switch that trips with the vapor from the solvent so I use a small fan over the rice cooker to help the vapor dissipate. The cooker still eventually trips so I put a sponge in the switch area to keep this from happening

*you'll want to check the temp, my cooker does not go above 235*, and make sure the mixture never reaches above 292*

*since I don't use much solvent it only takes about 30 minutes to burn it off

*when the solvent has decreased to the point it is getting thick I just sprinkle water in with my fingers several times, this helps dissipate the remaining solvent and keeps the oil from burning

*when it gets fairly low I stir it up like Rick does by swirling the rice cooker insert with oven mitts on

*pour the oil into a small bowl of choice (stainless, glass, etc.) and place this on a coffee warmer or warming plate with the small fan that was used over the rice cooker over the oil

*let the rice cooker pan cool down, use a small amount of Naphtha,(you can also use 99% alcohol just place this oil in a different container to finish off the burn off of the solvent) and a spatula to get out the remaining mix

*you can add this to your big batch, I place it in a small container and burn the solvent off separate from this small mix. This actually cuts down on the burn off time

*Let this set on the warming plate or coffee warmer for 24 hours. The oil will look very dark but when held to the light it is a golden amber without the green chlorophyll. It should have a shiny surface to it. There should be little taste. Mind you it does taste but it should not have a heavy burn your throat taste to it if it does it needs to be warmed more until all the solvent is burned off.

*Fill syringes if you have them, this is messy, messy, messy!
    *Use a razor blade to scrape the remaining off the sides and place in a container to store in the freezer
    *I store all of the finished product in the freezer, I warm up the syringes in water if I am in a hurry and need the oil right away otherwise I just let it set out over night to room temp.

This is gooey, messy, can't eat it off stuff. I use alcohol for clean up of hands and anything else I can't get it completely off of.

If you use a brownie or other pan, thanks Metrogrowth for this pointer!, you can continue to use the same pan without clean up in between. You can also use the pan to make brownies in, just scoop up and scrape the cannabis oil from the sides and bottom into the oil for the recipe for the brownies, then stir it into the brownie mix.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Medijuana.Inc2010 For This Useful Post:

roofratMI (01-07-2013)

Medijuana.Inc2010
    strainer for RSO.

Got and used one of these yesterday and it made staining the trim and alcohol for rso super easy and being 75 micron it reduced alot of trim partical.

http://www.amazon.com/Gallon-EZ-Stra...=vglnk-c199-20

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medijuana.Inc2010 For This Useful Post:

abeam-pm (01-07-2013),CountryBoy (01-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Medijuana.Inc2010 View Post
    strainer for RSO.

Got and used one of these yesterday and it made staining the trim and alcohol for rso super easy and being 75 micron it reduced alot of trim partical.

http://www.amazon.com/Gallon-EZ-Stra...=vglnk-c199-20
    Those are pretty nice, they have 100, 200, 400 and 600 micron sizes available also. Of course for the final filter, the finer the better. I normally use 2 or 3 coffee filters before evaporating, sometimes I filter 2 or 3 times because I don't like black oil.

I use paper towels now since Cg suggested it and I like them much better but I want to try those out since I watched Uncle Pete's tut on making RSO. I end up filtering a few times myself to make sure all the crud is out. Comes out really nice and clean. Does filtering several times take the green out Stoneage?