Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need complete insructions on makeing rso please.

Quote Originally Posted by restlesslegs View Post
    Looks very nice and clean. Was this the one you put in the daylight? How much do you get per ounce? That is really cool that the light took the green out! Very good there Stoneage, awesome actually
    Depending on what type of plant material I am using, I get 5 to 6 grams per oz. This was a mixture of different extractions, some were just aged in household light until the color changed, but yes, the jars that I put in the sun were included in this batch. Putting the liquid in the sunlight really accelerates the color change. You might just be able to put the jars under a grow light, but I have not tried that yet.

I have to say that is by far the cleanest iso extraction I have ever seen. Awesome job Stoneage. Thanks for sharing Well done!
    King of the Caprines, Boss of the Bovids.

Lots of filtration, don't use green colored stuff, and don't get it too hot. If you make it this way, you should get similar results.

Whoa stoneage you pull a lot of RSO from an ounce! The most I get is 4 grams and that is pure bud nothing else. I am doing something wrong cause I know someone else who does it basically the same as me and they pull 5. Yours is so very clean and the amount you are getting is awesome! Back to the drawing board Again

Whoa stoneage you pull a lot of RSO from an ounce! The most I get is 4 grams and that is pure bud nothing else. I am doing something wrong cause I know someone else who does it basically the same as me and they pull 5. Yours is so very clean and the amount you are getting is awesome! Back to the drawing board Again
    Not much of a difference? you are getting 4 and Stoneage is getting 5-6. this could be due to the strain used, polarity of solvents used and the soak period. These are huge variables and should not be used as benchmarks. Now if you used everything the same then you could compare. Also if the material was propagated by an experienced gardener versus a rookie who is going to pull more oil? What I'm saying is there are way too many variables to deal with for comparison so don't get discouraged, stay with it, your patients need you. Learn everyday and keep on perfecting your techniques is all we can do.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to roofratMI For This Useful Post:

restlesslegs (01-18-2013)

I use bud only, or trim that is solidly covered with trichomes. The amount of oil you get will vary with many factors. The first is the potential of the plant. Cannabinoids & terpines are what you want, and you can only extract what is available in the plant material. As RR said, different solvents will extract different compounds and different amounts.
    If the plant material I was using had a cannabinoid content of 20%, I would expect to get about 5.5 grams if the extraction was thorough. If the Cannabinoid content was 15%, I would expect around 4.25 grams with a successful extraction.
    If I ended up with significantly more than this, I would expect that the oil would contain unnecessary and unwanted components.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoneage For This Useful Post:

restlesslegs (01-18-2013)

Yep always love to see how other people make it. I make very clean RSO and with talking with many we all should know to make sure you use bud and heavily coated trichomes trim. I learn so much from others. I experiment all the time with things to try to make better RSO, butter, lotions, balms, lol I get a bit anal about it.

I always wonder if perhaps I might end up burning some of the oil off when I heat it to remove the rest of the solvent. I went back to the oven method of finishing off, thanks Cg makes a big difference, and I know there is as little solvent left as possible. If and when we can find a way to extract the oil without leaving any solvent behind then it will be onto how best to get this stuff into a storage of sorts that gets all these meds into a syringe or other devise. The sticky goo makes me want to use it as glue, hehehe not really dang that stuff is messy!

I use to prepare and eat RS oil on the regular for pain management. As in a nutshell I soak dry buds in everclearovernight and then filter it through a coffee filter into a ceramic crock pot, and cook out the everclear until a thick black oil remains.

Fairways Supported Living
    182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia
    Phone : +61 1300 765 051
    http://www.fairwayssupportedliving.com.au/
    Providing community aged care supported living housing in Toowoomba, the Glenvale Villas are the perfect option for your loved ones, if they need a little extra help with daily living.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to neto For This Useful Post:

abeam-pm (03-09-2013)

I might have to look into this RSO thing you people are talking about
    King of the Caprines, Boss of the Bovids.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CgOrganic For This Useful Post:

restlesslegs (03-08-2013)

I got it figured out I use 99% isobobinol I run the plant material twice.I run all plant material once then after I get all of it out I run it through again with new alcohol.I dont get what the difference between green and brown can some one explain that to me?