Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannatonic #4

Medijuana.Inc2010
    I agree with Green Hps vegged plants are thicker, have a short inter-node distance, and will produce more meds in the end over a plant vegged under mh light.

I have been using HPS for veg for about 6 years, the only draw back is you have to have the flower rooms to accomodate the quick vegging growth !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Medijuana.Inc2010 For This Useful Post:

Mr_Green (12-28-2012)

Medijuana.Inc2010
    LOL & still no one has answered my question when does the sun change from Mh to HPS ?

LOL Medi my plants don't care they don't' know what the sun is! hehehehe

Distance from the sun has little effect on seasonal changes in the quality and quantity of light and the resulting plant behavior during those seasons. The Earth tilts on its axis as it revolves around the sun. During the summer we get nearly direct sunlight and during the winter we get sunlight at a 23.44 degree angle to the equator. This small tilt of the Earth's axis changes the effective thickness of the atmosphere with respect to the distance sunlight has to travel to reach our particular area on Earth (think of a prism). The color spectrum of light that the sun sends us does not change, only the quantity (more during the summer and less in winter) and quality of overall light reaching us. It is the changing angle that determines blue to red. And yes it does change. Again think of prism. I have done comparisons of the HPS v.s. MH for the vegetative stage and I found the MH the best for vegetation hands down. Better pigmentation, inter node spacing etc. The very best is a mix of the two. HPS and MH used in conjunction works the best however. If using one bulb for veg. use the MH. If using one bulb for flower use HPS. If you can use them both together in veg.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to roofratMI For This Useful Post:

restlesslegs (12-28-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Medijuana.Inc2010 View Post
    LOL & still no one has answered my question when does the sun change from Mh to HPS ?
    It does not. It is the earth angle in relation to the sun that creates the changing spectrum of light not the sun itself. but the spectrum does change because of the changing angle of the earths axis in relation to the sun.

Sorry have not been on much as I have been super busy. One more thing I would like to state, if it works for you in your situation then by all means continue on. There is no one way to propagate cannabis. Cannabis is raised in so many ways it is crazy so if it works for you stay with it. I do my thing and you do yours. The proof is in the smoke test The End.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roofratMI For This Useful Post:

Medijuana.Inc2010
    I hear a competition coming !! LOL

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Medijuana.Inc2010 For This Useful Post:

Hey Roof that is what Majestic said, well sort of lol. Great minds and all

I think that would be awesome Medi! We could have a grow competition here! Anyone want to play????

Quote Originally Posted by restlesslegs View Post
    Hey Roof that is what Majestic said, well sort of lol. Great minds and all
    Sorry who is Majestic?

Quote Originally Posted by restlesslegs View Post
    I think that would be awesome Medi! We could have a grow competition here! Anyone want to play????
    Would be very tough to pull it off with the logistics involved. Last summer there was a contest called the Kushberry Cup held by a horrible compassion club Downriver of Detroit.