Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to invest in legalized marijuana

I would think it would be very hard to predict this stock. If it gets close to your "goal" price will you buy or hold out and take a chance it might drop farther? Wouldn't it had been nice we all had invested in this when it was 3c

I really underestimated the sentiment on this stock. Took a small position today at 16.5, based on the volume for the last few days and it reaching 12 mon. high with momentum. Plan to by more on pullback. This stock just seems strong as compared to the half dozen others in this sector.

Wow, MJNA hit $0.20 today. Now, when do you sell it? That is as tough of a decision as when to buy it.

a 30% plus stock increase, on a short term basis, is a respectable gain. what if the stock doesn't dip.. Lol.

Did I say MJNA to $0.20? I meant $0.23

Wow, 2/1 and MJNA is tearing it up again.

It's over $0.29 just 20 minutes into the trading day.

The volume traded is so important in reading the sentiment-almost 30 million by 11--wow! Ten o'clock pullback. profit taking, which might extend into tomorrow ?? chance to add to my position--but, probably a bit higher than the initial 16.5

I find myself complaining sometimes that I can't jump back in more cheaply after selling off some shares.

But then I slap myself really hard because the shares I still own have gone up more than any other shares I think I have ever owned. I hope it keeps climbing. Let's see at a 30% rise per day - each and every day, I'd be a millionaire by Christmas...lol

Medijuana.Inc2010
    Medical Marijuana Proves Itself A Viable Investment

January 31, 2013 | 19 commentsby: Elite E Services | about: MJNA.PK

Disclosure: I am long MJNA.PK. (More...)

Since we recommended buying Medical Marijuana (MJNA.PK) it's up 89%. Other pot stocks are also doing well, such as Cannabis Science (CBIS.OB) up more than 2% today. There wasn't any news release today that would cause the stock to rise so sharply. We suspect that the company has been discovered as a profitable investment for reasons we've outlined before, as well as a growing interest in the budding Marijuana industry.
    We couldn't write a specific article on MJNA because it was still a micro-cap, but now its market cap is 148M. Currently it's trading at .202 which is its current all time high. The stock has proven itself as a true small cap representative of a new growth industry.
    Many traders know the mantra "Don't buy the high" which has solid foundation. But we believe Medical Marijuana is going higher, and here's why.
    Earnings
    Unlike other companies in the pot business, Medical Marijuana has solid revenue and prospects for revenue growth. Their gross revenues increased 1,100% from the previous year quarter.

Medical Marijuana Inc (PINK: MJNA) augmented 1.09% to $0.177 on a traded volume of 1.61 million shares. The Company pre-announces its fourth quarter earnings. The net income was $3.39 million in the fourth quarter. The gross revenues were $5.10 million, an increase of $4.5 million and over 1,100% from the previous year quarter. The Company provided an update on the expansion of its Red Dice Holdings Dixie Elixirs & Edibles brand nationally and in Colorado through additional market penetration and product development.

Their return on average assets is 59% which is huge, compared to most publicly traded companies. For example Microsoft (MSFT) has a return on average assets of 14% for 2012. Google's (GOOG) return on average assets is 12%.
    Google Finance reports institutional ownership of 0%, a very encouraging sign for growth, as an institutional purchase could drive the price higher.
    Financials like this are hard to find.
    Patents
    The company owns a portfolio of patents encompassing multiple vertical markets, but with a focus on medical marijuana (vs. casual use).

MJNA provides over 50 proprietary and patented cannabinoid "delivery methods" that are more "socially and medically acceptable" than smoking. Finally, MJNA services include the licensing of its proprietary testing, genetics, labeling, and packaging, tracking, production and standardization methods for the medicinal herb industry.

Medijuana.Inc2010
    This is where anyone with money should be investing into, as other states legalize medical marijuana, legalization in other states, these stocks are just going to sky rocket. IMO