Thread: Cooking oil...which to use??

Cooking oil...which to use??

I was wondering whether anyone here had any preferences as to what type of oil to use when making canna oil for cooking. I have made it with some generic vegetable oil, but the other day I picked up some sunflower oil with the intent of using it for my next batch. This is a nut oil( duh) and I was wondering if there would be any difference. I know that thc binds very well with the saturated fats in butter, but I was wondering whether anyone knew if it binds as well with unsaturated fats, or say the difference between a vegetable oil and a nut oil when it comes to making canna oil. Rather than just experimenting, I thought I would query this forum for you-all's expert advice and/or opinions. Thanks in advance.
    "If the good Lord's willing, I'm gonna keep on chilling" - Kid Rock

Any fatty oil will work fine, my experience has been that any difference in potency (based on the oil type) will be negligible.

let us know how it turns out

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Any fatty oil will work fine, my experience has been that any difference in potency (based on the oil type) will be negligible.

let us know how it turns out
    Thanks pepper.... The first time I made canna butter it was waaay too strong for me. I was planning on doing other things that day other than sitting around contemplating my navel. It has made me a bit leery of medibles since. When I have made things with canna oil, I did not seem to get as blasted (which is a good thing). All the best to you n your family .
    "If the good Lord's willing, I'm gonna keep on chilling" - Kid Rock

The only real difference between oils is there smoke point and flavor.
    Any type of oil will work. heck even bho dissolves into oil and butter..
    If You are a higher tolerance type like i am then bho melted into butter is where it is at..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Green For This Useful Post:

p^w00dy (10-12-2012)

Initially I created canna butter it was waaay too powerful for me. I was preparing on doing other factors that day other than seated around thinking about my belly button. It has created me a bit hesitant of medibles since. When I have created factors with canna oil