Thread: JNET, federal authorities from DEA, NCIS find 311 marijuana plants in searches

Medijuana.Inc2010

JNET, federal authorities from DEA, NCIS find 311 marijuana plants in searches

JNET, federal authorities from DEA, NCIS find 311 marijuana plants in searches in and outside Jackson County

JACKSON, MI -- A man accused of selling large amounts of marijuana to Marines in North Carolina is to be arraigned at 1 p.m. Monday before Jackson County District Judge Daniel Goostrey.
    Federal agents from the Naval Criminal Investigative Services and the Drug Enforcement Administration, along with the Jackson Narcotics Enforcement Team seized 311 marijuana plants in six searches Friday and Saturday. They are worth an estimated $995,200, said Michigan State Police Detective Lt. Dave Cook, who heads JNET.
    NCIS contacted JNET last month with information the man was selling large quantities of marijuana to Marines at Camp Lejeune in eastern North Carolina, according to an email from Cook.
    Agents and officers uncovered an elaborate grow operation, Cook reported. They searched properties on Root Station Road and N. Parma Road and in Burr Oak, near the Indiana border in St. Joseph County, he said.
    The man allegedly was using the hydroponics method, which has plants growing in water instead of soil, and the marijuana was high-grade or more potent than regular plants, he said.
    A Marine was paying $3,200 per pound of the drug, Cook said. A plant typically nets at least a pound, he said.
    Authorities also found two long guns and two pistols, Cook wrote.
    The man now is facing state charges, but the U.S. attorneys might charge him federally, Cook said.
    The Southwest Enforcement Team, the state police Emergency Support Team, state police canines, troopers and the Jackson County Sheriff's Office assisted JNET.

Looking at some time on this one. Will they ever learn.

Quote Originally Posted by restlesslegs View Post
    Looking at some time on this one. Will they ever learn.
    No my dear they will not. with money as a motivator many people fall victim to greed.
    I was brought up on the * American Dream* if I worked hard I would have a great retirement, Ha what a crock.
    Every law that impedes the rights and the freedoms of the people is another step toward dictatorship.

Detective Lt. Dave Cook, who heads JNET: "A plant typically nets at least a pound," he said.

Should this guy really be heading JNET if he knows that little about indoor growing? Or maybe he knows a lot, and I should be asking him to teach me.

I have yielded that much indoors with a finish height *tops of plant*around 5 feet tall... not just once, but, consecutively...its very possible... Aloha

Quote Originally Posted by Krustysurfer View Post
    I have yielded that much indoors with a finish height *tops of plant*around 5 feet tall... not just once, but, consecutively...its very possible... Aloha
    It's certainly possible, but not typical like he says.