Thread: We have a race

We have a race

8 games left to play and we have a tie for first place and a spot in post season play. No chance to get a wild card so this is it, win the division or go home. Detroit has 2 games at home vs Kansas City (.455), then 3 games in Minnesota (.416) and they finish the season with 3 games in Kansas City (.455).

Chicago has 1 game left at home vs Cleveland (.413), then 4 games at home vs Tampa Bay (.545) and they finish the season with 3 games in Cleveland (.413).

Predictions if you will?

I predict it is not our year. I love Our Tigers, but reality tells me even if we get in it will be hard to win it all. It may be the part of me that cheers for the Cubs, but there is always next year.
    That does not mean I don't hope for the best. We win the Division and lose in the first round.
    "Its not how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up to fight that matters the most"

Detroit won and Chicago lost. Tigers in 1st place by 1 game with 7 remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by roofratMI View Post
    Detroit won and Chicago lost. Tigers in 1st place by 1 game with 7 remaining.
    How about Fister setting an American League record with 9 Consecutive K's and then was left in too long and almost lost the Game. Whoo did we dodge one there.
    "Its not how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up to fight that matters the most"

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
    How about Fister setting an American League record with 9 Consecutive K's and then was left in too long and almost lost the Game. Whoo did we dodge one there.
    Incredible performance until the wheels fell off. 2 games in 1st place now. White Sox are handing it to Detroit by losing the last 8 of 9 games.

No Race, Just a Title of AL Central Division Champions

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CountryBoy For This Useful Post:

roofratMI (10-02-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
    No Race, Just a Title of AL Central Division Champions
    They got their ticket for the postseason playoffs. Now anything can happen. I did not think they would have made it but the White Sox handed it to them by tanking it down the stretch drive. I hate the Sox both of them lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to roofratMI For This Useful Post:

CountryBoy (10-11-2012)

Be afraid of the A's, very afraid. A loose team who nobody thought would be here can play very good baseball. And the fans in the Bay area are a little crazy.

Tigers in 4!

Quote Originally Posted by roofratMI View Post
    They got their ticket for the postseason playoffs. Now anything can happen. I did not think they would have made it but the White Sox handed it to them by tanking it down the stretch drive. I hate the Sox both of them lol.
    The WSox didn't "hand" us anything. Yes, they lost many games, but the Tigers took advantage of that by winning. We could have very easily lost our games and never caught them. So give credit where credit is due, the Tigers did what they had to do. I would say we won the division over saying the White Sox lost it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce For This Useful Post:

CountryBoy (10-07-2012)

Three outs away and they blew it. Stupid ass Valverde blew another one. Why does Leyland give that jerk the ball?