Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Junk Magnetic Ballasts

I was concerned with movement possibly cutting through the insulation or breaking the wires, and appearance too. I can be kind of anal about stuff like that. I did get the parts needed to fix one of them, and I just bought 3 new ballasts to replace the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage View Post
    I was concerned with movement possibly cutting through the insulation or breaking the wires, and appearance too. I can be kind of anal about stuff like that. I did get the parts needed to fix one of them, and I just bought 3 new ballasts to replace the other one.
    As the King of Anal Retention I see nothing wrong with concerns that make you feel better about your project. I choose my spots to be retentive as well.
    "Its not how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up to fight that matters the most"

I have used lamp extension cords available at most grow stores for about 12 bucks. I cut them in half and wire one end into my ballast and the other into my lamp socket. The input power socket could be replaced with an extension with the female end cut off and wired to your 1000 w.