Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junk Magnetic Ballasts

Junk Magnetic Ballasts

I am looking for a couple junk magnetic ballasts for parts. If anyone has any that they would get rid of for a low price and are mid-Michigan located, or could meet at the Jackson market, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Stoneage

i will let you know i may pick up a 600 i will sell my 400 for like 100 bux i pay 180 for it and its barely used and in pefect condition let me know its include everything ballast/hood and balb

I honestly just need some parts, I have 3-400w ballasts that only have some minor problems like a couple messed up outlet plugs, and 1 with a cracked case. Also a 1000W that has a bad plug where the ac goes in. I would order the parts if I could find someplace that sells them, so if someone knows where I could get those plugs please let me know. they are the plugs that the cords that go to the bulb plug into.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage View Post
    I honestly just need some parts, I have 3-400w ballasts that only have some minor problems like a couple messed up outlet plugs, and 1 with a cracked case. Also a 1000W that has a bad plug where the ac goes in. I would order the parts if I could find someplace that sells them, so if someone knows where I could get those plugs please let me know. they are the plugs that the cords that go to the bulb plug into.

This what your looking for??
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Ball...w=1280&bih=854

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScottB For This Useful Post:

abeam-pm (09-26-2012),roofratMI (09-26-2012)

Nice find ScottB . Thanks for helping out

I've done that search, and many more, just can't find the parts I am looking for. I could hard wire the lamp cords into the ballasts, but I don't like the idea of having the wire go through without the correct grommet, and that is another hard to find item. I might just have to keep them for parts in case another ballast goes bad. No one seems to sell the plugs and other parts I am looking for. The main plugs I am looking for are the female plugs that wire and mount into the ballasts where the lamp cords plug into the ballast. I know someone must sell them, but I have not found any place. I went through the first 6 or 7 pages of the search, and did not see anything. I have some big catalogs you would think they would have these, but they don't. Thanks for looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post

Go to menards for your gromments their 5.00 a 10 box count.
    Or order online from them..
    Search Results for "grommet" at Menards

I was hoping to be able to detatch the light & hood from the ballast, but I may have to go that route if I want to be able to use them. Menards is great, I spend tons of $$ there, but it saves me money for sure. Got my Pro-Mix there for less than half the price of any hydro store.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage View Post
    I've done that search, and many more, just can't find the parts I am looking for. I could hard wire the lamp cords into the ballasts, but I don't like the idea of having the wire go through without the correct grommet, and that is another hard to find item. I might just have to keep them for parts in case another ballast goes bad. No one seems to sell the plugs and other parts I am looking for. The main plugs I am looking for are the female plugs that wire and mount into the ballasts where the lamp cords plug into the ballast. I know someone must sell them, but I have not found any place. I went through the first 6 or 7 pages of the search, and did not see anything. I have some big catalogs you would think they would have these, but they don't. Thanks for looking.
    16/3 600V Female Lock & Seal Receptacle UL This site has ballast components and cord sets. Browse pages 2 and 3 hopefully something will help out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to roofratMI For This Useful Post:

Stoneage (11-27-2012)

Stoneage why are you concerned about having a grommet on your case. I have built a ballast from parts before and unless you have too near water there should be no problems other than looks.
    Mine did not have a case and I had no problems with it. I also did not put it in the room for various reason like less heat in the room, also so no electric could be exposed to water. I still do that with store bought Ballast as well. Good Luck on all that you do.
    "Its not how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up to fight that matters the most"