Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grow Light Operating Cost

Cool

we always call it $60 a light @ .11 cents a KWH
    1000w hoods are the most efficient use of dollar's space and depth of penetration into the plant Canopy.
    we shoot for 54watts a sqft .
    with a depth/reach of 3.5 ft .
    that is nominal grow space for lighting.
    so... 7 ft high ceiling with plants in buckets, tops of plants should finish around 5 ft if using LST...(Strain Dependant but we grew SSH in this setup just fine) - use R.W.D.C 'Lucas Method' and the (right set up) and your yields will be more than pleasant..
    if the (strain Dependent) are capable between 8-16oz a plant DRIED!...!Aloha

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Krustysurfer For This Useful Post:

roofratMI (10-02-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Krustysurfer View Post
    we always call it $60 a light @ .11 cents a KWH
    1000w hoods are the most efficient use of dollar's space and depth of penetration into the plant Canopy.
    we shoot for 54watts a sqft .
    with a depth/reach of 3.5 ft .
    that is nominal grow space for lighting.
    so... 7 ft high ceiling with plants in buckets, tops of plants should finish around 5 ft if using LST...(Strain Dependant but we grew SSH in this setup just fine) - use R.W.D.C 'Lucas Method' and the (right set up) and your yields will be more than pleasant..
    if the (strain Dependent) are capable between 8-16oz a plant DRIED!...!Aloha
    I found this link for hopefully what you are speaking of.

Lucas Formula and Method(s): Step by Step - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums
    Every law that impedes the rights and the freedoms of the people is another step toward dictatorship.

I was using a 600watt hps for flowering last year and started experimenting with t-5's for flowering ,I started with 5 clones of different strains in a small closet with a 4 foot 4 bulb t-5 light fixture and 10000k bulbs , I was very surprised to see the plants flowering just as well as with the 600 watt hps set-up , I have been using t-5's fixtures for flowering now for about a year now and am having the same yield from my plants as with the 600 hps ,using much less electricity in the process , the bulbs last up to 8 years ,you can touch the bulbs with bare skin without being burned which means the plants can be placed inches away instead of feet

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruben For This Useful Post:

I wood (03-02-2013),roofratMI (03-04-2013)