Thread: 60 Plants Seized from Marijuana Grow Operation

Unhappy 60 Plants Seized from Marijuana Grow Operation

60 Plants Seized from Marijuana Grow Operation - FOX 17
    fox17-60-plants-seized-from-marijuana-grow-operation-20120824_1280x720.jpg
    Jonathan Seely FOX 17 Web Producer

12:24 p.m. EDT, August 25, 2012
    GENEVA TOWNSHIP, Mich—
    An investigation into a possible marijuana grow operation led to the seizure of 60 plants, and charges for two subjects.

Police investigating the possible grow operation at a house in the 66000 block of M-43, in Geneva Towship, noticed a large black tarp in the back yard of the residence. The deputies believed the tarp was concealing a marijuana grow operation. A helicopter was requested to scout the area, and a large marijuana grow operation was spotted, surrounded by chicken wire.

Using the information, detectives got a warrant to search the residence, and around 1 p.m. the Uniform Response Division executed the warrant.

Investigators found 60 plants surrounded by the chicken wire cage. The caretaker of the plants possessed medical marijuana cards, but didn't have sufficient paperwork for the plants. All 60 plants were confiscated.

The suspects are identified as 48-year-old and 42-year-old men from Bangor. They have not been charged but police say they will be seeking charges for manufacturing of marijuana.

Anyone with information can contact the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office at 1-269-657-3101, Crime Stoppers 1-800-342-7867, Silent Observer 1-269-343-2100 or your local Police Department.
    Last edited by Mr_Green; 08-25-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Section 8
    They just have to prove the need for 60 plants Well one of them anyways and 60 for meds the whole years isnt to many. If they or he/she makes it into oil then they would need that amount to treat say there cancer. Not a unresonable amount to keep them supplied and un interupted supply for the year.

Section 8
    KRUZTY

Exec Dir
    Berrien County Compassion Club
    http://berriencocompassionclub.ning.com/

Case dismissed and all that cash they spent on officers and warrant and chopper all wasted. Prolly end up sued for risking there life for taking their meds.
    KRUZTY

Exec Dir
    Berrien County Compassion Club
    http://berriencocompassionclub.ning.com/

We have the first test case to try out Section 8 . Hate to have anyone be drug through the mud for plants but this will be interesting to see how the court and lawyers handle this one. We need to keep abreast of this case. Many questions will arise and open up new ground.

Quote Originally Posted by roofratMI View Post
    We have the first test case to try out Section 8 . Hate to have anyone be drug through the mud for plants but this will be interesting to see how the court and lawyers handle this one. We need to keep abreast of this case. Many questions will arise and open up new ground.
    I agree, this could have some real interesting effects on how leo does things.
    Every law that impedes the rights and the freedoms of the people is another step toward dictatorship.

The case was dismissed? This crap about keeping the spoils is bogus as all get out. I hope they do take this to court. How about monetary compensation for grief and emotional well being along with any destruction of physical goods. Buggers anyhoo, shoot first ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by restlesslegs View Post
    The case was dismissed? This crap about keeping the spoils is bogus as all get out. I hope they do take this to court. How about monetary compensation for grief and emotional well being along with any destruction of physical goods. Buggers anyhoo, shoot first ask questions later.
    I have seen no legal brief for this one. Is there any documentation that this has been dismissed? I have nothing since the bust?

I know I'll prolly piss some people off here, but:

Why would anyone not have their paperwork in order? I know the charges will be dropped if they haven't been already, but why give them an excuse to pull your plants? I got visited by BAYANET today, I had all my paperwork and they left, how sweet is that. Sec 4 is a stay out of jail card and sec 8 is a get out of jail card. If you want to stay out of jail ( not have plants pulled ) follow sec 4, if you want to get out of jail after they pull your plants, follow sec 8, plain and simple.

afi