Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caregiver Status w/Armed Services

Caregiver Status w/Armed Services

Just wondering if entry into one of the Armed Services can be denied because of
    past status as a Caregiver?

I have no idea about that. I have never seen/read any mention of that anywhere in our law but military law might have something in it...dunno.
    Hopefully someone that knows will chime in. Interesting question.
    King of the Caprines, Boss of the Bovids.

im guessing YES you will be denied , to them that like being a mass murderer then goin to apply to be police officer...we cant even have guns...

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    ...we cant even have guns...
    What do you mean? Are you saying there are rules that say a caregiver can not have guns? I have my CDL, CCW, and my Medical Marijuana card, no one has ever said anything to me. When I went to renew my Drivers License I even had to piss in a cup for my DOT physical, I have self medicated every day for the past 2 years and knew I would fail, but at that point what the heck, I pissed and to my surprise I got my CDL renewed! They did ask me if I used any illegal drugs which I honestly answered "no" to. I know the local Sheriff and he knows I have a CCW and he also knows I am a caregiver and grow, he has never said anything to me about not mixing the two. He also knows that I, like most around here, am a gun nut and own over a dozen rifles and a registered hand gun. I have read that when people are raided for sec 4 violations they sometimes grap all the guns in the home, but I assumed that was only because of the sec 4 violation. Are you saying they could take my guns even if I am in compliance with sec 4?

tia

afi

This is an interesting question. I do not believe it would effect you.

Does it say some where that no guns allowed at grow locations? If so, where? Or is it just one of those cops say so things?

tia

afi

Guns would come into the scenario if a caregiver were ever charged with a felony for some reason. I am sure it would increase the charges to commision of a felony while in possesion of a firearm. That means extra years in the hotel.
    If there were a federal charge (since mj is illegal federaly) I am sure they would add the firearm charge also. As far as a specific law, I don't believe there is one in Michigan that says you cannot have a firearm if you are a patient or a caregiver. ATF says you cannot, but this is their opinion and not any law that I am aware of.

If you are a non using caregiver I don't know how they would handle it but if you think about ATF and their feeling about schedule I drugs and firearms I doubt they would turn a blind eye.

ATF Open Letter to FFL's Regarding Medical Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh_george View Post
    Just wondering if entry into one of the Armed Services can be denied because of
    past status as a Caregiver?
    I would anonymously ask a military recruiter this question.