Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hep C & Liver Damage. Any Benefits From Simpson Oil ?

Hep C & Liver Damage. Any Benefits From Simpson Oil ?

I met a relative recently that has hepatitis C. About 5 years ago he went through some antiviral treatments that didn't work for him. The liver damage is showing in many ways these days. He is jaundiced, his legs and feet are very swollen, and he is experiencing very painful muscle spasms.

In reading about the benefits of cannabis to hep c patients, I've learned that mmj can help these patients continue with their interferon treatments as it helps with the nausea and flu-like side effects of the treatments. With cannabis moderating the side effects, more Hep patients are able to complete the interferon treatments.

The man I met is past trying this treatment at this point in time. I was curious if anyone has tried using Simpson Oil to try to help people in his situation. I was wondering if the Simpson Oil might help his liver function to improve. Also, he is looking to alleviate the muscle spasms and cramping.

Most importantly, what negative effects might cannabis treatment have on the patient or his liver? I had read some articles from a few years back that stated cannabis could make the hep c patient worse with increased fibrosis. Also, we know that cannabis patients may be refused a liver transplant by some doctors.

Any information or experiences, positive or negative, would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here is one link with pros and cons by two doctors. Interesting question, I hope he is able to find relief. If I run across anything more I'll post it here Wash.

Is marijuana an effective treatment for the symptoms of hepatitis C? - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to restlesslegs For This Useful Post:

drtarzanmd (10-12-2012),washtenaut (07-26-2012)

Here is another one and probably more up to date. I like this one much more then the other one. I believe after reading through articles that it would be the correct way to treat him. Cannabis would seem like the logical choice.

AAMC: Hepatitis C - The Silent Killer

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to restlesslegs For This Useful Post:

drtarzanmd (10-12-2012),washtenaut (07-26-2012)

For me personally the best muscle cramp aid is ingesting it. I don't use relaxants anymore since using MM but the meds didn't work very well and most the time not at all. Vaping it did not help either it was when I started using medibles that is when I saw a significant change. Have him eat a banana day for potassium if he is able to.

[QUOTE=washtenaut;4840]I met a relative recently that has hepatitis C. About 5 years ago he went through some antiviral treatments that didn't work for him. The liver damage is showing in many ways these days. He is jaundiced, his legs and feet are very swollen, and he is experiencing very painful muscle spasms.

Yes i know a guy in Houghton Lake that uses it to treat his hep c.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marksischo For This Useful Post:

roofratMI (04-28-2013),washtenaut (07-28-2012)

Can you provide some details?

How long has he been using it?

What sort of dosage of Simpson Oil does he take?

What benefits has he noticed?

Have there been any actual changes to his blood work (liver functioning) numbers since using the rso?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to washtenaut For This Useful Post:

Marksischo (07-28-2012)

I sent him a message iso i can get the correct responses for you

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Marksischo For This Useful Post:

washtenaut (07-28-2012)

I spoke with Mark's acquaintance about Simpson Oil. He was very helpful.

He has been taking the Simpson Oil (ramped up to about 1-1.5 gm/day) for about 2 months and says he feels much stronger. So much so that he is postponing the anti-viral treatment from his doc for now.

He will be getting a new round of blood work on 8/16. I am hoping to stay tuned in and see if any quantifiable changes have come about for him and his liver function.

Glad to see you now have some good data to work with.
    King of the Caprines, Boss of the Bovids.