Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do dispensaries want buds so trimed?

My problem with the Dispenseries is that some Tumble the trichomes away by putting the Bud into a Rock tumbler and then let the Tumbler shake off the Trichomes.
    A friend just picked up from a BC Disp because he just started his grow and he acquired 2 strains and they both did not have any Trichomes left. It looked weird under a scope.
    "Its not how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up to fight that matters the most"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CountryBoy For This Useful Post:

aultraultra (12-10-2016),ehenbrennyong (01-07-2017),pstrumpfrale (12-20-2016),sorbespear (02-18-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
    My problem with the Dispenseries is that some Tumble the trichomes away by putting the Bud into a Rock tumbler and then let the Tumbler shake off the Trichomes.
    A friend just picked up from a BC Disp because he just started his grow and he acquired 2 strains and they both did not have any Trichomes left. It looked weird under a scope.
    The lack of trichomes would tell me that that place would not be one that I would visit again regardless of whatever fee I paid to join.
    Things I find important when looking at a bud is are trichomes present? What the bud smells like. i.e. does it have a diesel fuel, skunk, piney smell or the sour smell of old school Thai stick. My next consideration is what does the smoke taste like? Is it harsh or smooth and flavorful? Last but not least is how does it effect me? Is it cosmic ( Ohhh wow , heady, relaxing or couch locking? All serve their propose when needed.
    Every law that impedes the rights and the freedoms of the people is another step toward dictatorship.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
    The lack of trichomes would tell me that that place would not be one that I would visit again regardless of whatever fee I paid to join.
    Things I find important when looking at a bud is are trichomes present? What the bud smells like. i.e. does it have a diesel fuel, skunk, piney smell or the sour smell of old school Thai stick. My next consideration is what does the smoke taste like? Is it harsh or smooth and flavorful? Last but not least is how does it effect me? Is it cosmic ( Ohhh wow , heady, relaxing or couch locking? All serve their propose when needed.
    The last Disp that my friend went Had meds that were not cured and dried correctly. The Trichomes had been stripped. It had some affect, but not what it would have been if everything was done correctly.
    "Its not how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up to fight that matters the most"

imho - ban disp , up with farmers markets its more cost effective, better meds,and it dosent make a monopoly out of the higher powers medication

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vapor For This Useful Post:

CgOrganic (12-16-2012)

It has been over a year, lets get this one going again. Ha Ha.

The tiny buds at both of the farmers markets i've been to were puzzling to me as well.
    It seemed every one was selling the smalls i would make oil out of, for fear of being laughed at showing up with tiny buds.
    But then after getting to know the rules and limits, it made more sense that all stems were removed.

I prefer to leave a nice protective, trichrome covered leaf on as well as some stems to keep all the little buds from grinding every time the jar is moved.
    I feel the weight of the stem or leaf is worth the protection they afford to the overall product.
    This is easy for me since I don't supply dispensaries or vend at farmers markets and have a tendency to put an extra bud or two in every jar just in case.

i thought about this for a while myself and like cgorganic said, extra plant matter. While those leafs that extend out a little more than the others, most of those don't have any much trichromes on them as the bud itself.

People want tightly trimmed buds. Fan leaf has CBD and other compounds. Sugar leaf has everything. Save everything.
    Gandhi
    Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the state has become lawless or corrupt. And a citizen who barters with such a state shares in its corruption and lawlessness...

Visit http://realcbd.org